Thread: RAF Chedburgh Trust

Thanks

Default RAF Chedburgh Trust

I was just wondering if anybody had a contact email for the RAF Chedburgh Trust.

I have been hunting through my paperwork, and seem to have lost any details I had for them.

Any help would be great,

Johnnie

Thanks

Default RAF Chedburgh Trust

Hi Johnnie

I suspect Jock Whitehouse may be your man.

You can probably find his details via the 214 Sqn (214squadron.org?) website and probably there on either the link about the Sqn Association or in one of the old copies of the 'Nightjar' newsletter which are now also available thereon. Jock is the 214 Sqn historian and co-wrote the book about RAF Chedburgh I believe, although I don't have a copy myself.

If no luck, send me a pm and I'll return one later with his contact details so you can write or phone him direct.

If it's not Jock personally, I'm sure he'll give you the correct details.

He's also a mine of info about all things 214 and Chedburgh / Stradishall.

Ian

Thanks

Thanks for that. I know Jock quite well through the 214 Squadron Association so I'll give him a call.

My girlfriend bought me a 214 Squadron (while at Chedburgh) autograph book a few weeks back from ebay for my birthday, and apparently somebody from the Chedburgh Trust had tried to contact her as they had been after it, however they didn't leave an email address, hence the reason I am trying to contact them.

The book seems to have been owned by one of the WAAF drivers and contains a wonderful collection of autographs, and after trawling through the ORB's/Squadron/Station histories I have, I have been able to identify most names. There are even quite a few people in the book that I have talked to at 214 reunions.

Johnnie

Thanks

Default Chedburgh

OK Johnnie, have a word with Jock. I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Incidentally, he'd also be VERY interested if you tell him that you're the chap who bought the autograph book. I was speaking to him a couple of weeks back and he told me that he'd been told by the guys who run the 214 website that this thing was on ebay, but by then it was too late to bid for it. I think he might have tried to buy it on behalf of the Sqn Association had he known sooner. I think they did try retrospectively to find out who'd bought it, from the former owner, but to no avail. I'm sure he would be keen to find out what's in it, and perhaps you would even consider letting him have a copy if it's not too big?

Ian

ps He's not on e-mail

Thanks

Well my girlfriend bought it for my birthday, and the man who sold it to her contacted her to ask if the Chedburgh Trust could have a chat about if etc. She emailed him back and said she didn't think it would be a problem and gave my address, but it would seem the seller hasn't passed it on. I'll contact Jock and have a chat about it.

The book is actually about 46 pages long, and many on the pages have more than one name on (some have full crews), with both side used. I have transcribed the book and worked out about 85% of the names (my grandfathers best man was in, along with a few others I knew). I had been thinking of taking it down to the reunion this year (or at least a copy of it.

Johnnie