Thread: Details needed on two aircrew

Thanks

Default Details needed on two aircrew

Gents,

Away from my files can anyone please supply details relating to the following airman.

Sgt L.C Stevens, DFM Airgunner : Have citation. Details on his post January 1943 career.
    P/O J.C Ter Averst, Pilot. ANY details.

TIA

Steve
    No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron Association Historian
    No.623 squadron Research

~~IN TIME ~~

Thanks

G'Day Steve,

Re: P/O. J C ter Averst. I don't know if the following is a help, or a hindrance!

On 7th May, 1948, Piper J3C-65 Cub (c/n.22958) PH-NCT, was involved in a ground collision with, de Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth (c/n.84211) PH-UAU, at Ypenburg, Holland.

The pilot of PH-NCT is given as; Johan Christiaan ter Averst, an Instructor at the Nationale Luchtvaarschool. He was apparently, unhurt.

See: http://www.hdekker.info/Nieuwe%20map/1948.htm (scroll down to 07.05.1948).

I have no idea if this is your man. Maybe some of our Dutch friends can help?

Be warned, the site is in the Dutch language.

Col.

Thanks

Col,

Thanks for this it gives me a start, sorry for the delay in answering.

Regards

Smudger

Quote Originally Posted by COL BRUGGY View Post
    G'Day Steve,

Re: P/O. J C ter Averst. I don't know if the following is a help, or a hindrance!

On 7th May, 1948, Piper J3C-65 Cub (c/n.22958) PH-NCT, was involved in a ground collision with, de Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth (c/n.84211) PH-UAU, at Ypenburg, Holland.

The pilot of PH-NCT is given as; Johan Christiaan ter Averst, an Instructor at the Nationale Luchtvaarschool. He was apparently, unhurt.

See: http://www.hdekker.info/Nieuwe%20map/1948.htm (scroll down to 07.05.1948).

I have no idea if this is your man. Maybe some of our Dutch friends can help?

Be warned, the site is in the Dutch language.

Col.
    No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron Association Historian
    No.623 squadron Research

~~IN TIME ~~