Thread: Communications Flight: Tactical Air Force.

Thanks

Default Communications Flight: Tactical Air Force.

Hi Folks,
    Hopefully someone on the board will be able to assist me with this request. My father was part of the Comm Flight with 2nd TAF between 6/9/44 and 22/9/44. At the NA is a file AIR 51/9 which covers the above for period 1944 Jul-Sept. This is an open document, open description with a former reference of 373.14/1. Before I request this file from the NA I was hoping that anyone who was going to the NA in the near future would be able to do a quick search to see if is worth me spending the money to acquire the documentation.
    My father was W/Op/Ag 403453 RNZAF Stuart Speedy Jerram. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Rob Jerram.

Thanks

Default 2TAF Comms Flight

Hi Rob

I doubt very much whether the file AIR51/9 covers the Comms Flight with which your father served as the AIR51 class is reserved for Mediterranean Allied Air Force files.

2TAF files are, mainly, in AIR37 and one would normally expect to find an Operations Record Book for the unit (if any) in AIR29, which contains ORBs for "Miscellaneous Units" i.e. not squadrons.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

NiallC

Thanks

Hi Niall,
    Appreciate your advice and will investigate further.
    Many thanks,
    Rob Jerram.