Thread: 106 squadron record books/Air combat reports

Thanks

Default 106 squadron record books/Air combat reports

Hi, I am trying to find out if a Pilot officer, air gunner (159540) David Money served in 106 squadron during WW2, if anybody has access to the ORBs or combat reports, I would appreicate a quick look up to confirm. He may have served from mid 1943 to mid 1944, possibly with an air combat on the 18th march 1944, Iany help would be greatly appreicated,
    thanks in advance, Rick

Thanks

Rick,
    Yes to both, he was with 106sqdn and he does have a combat report available for 18/03/44 which can be downloaded for £3.50 from the N/A website.

Thanks

Very many thanks, do you have copies of the ORB entries? I am quite happy to pay for this service, Rick

Thanks

Rick,
    I was just about to edit my reply when you answered, Pilot Officer Money was the pilot of the aircraft concerned and not an air gunner, his M/upper was Sgt Harris and R/Gunner was Sgt Long. Check you email for file.

Thanks

Hi, just received it, many thanks, any idea as to P/O Money's initial? I am only assuming he was an AG because some an AG wing was with his ID discs, maybe he was a pilot? Do you have access to the ORB? Thanks again, Rick

Thanks

Rick,
    The only 106sqdnpages i have are from Aug to Nov 44 and i cannot find him in there so he might have moved on.
    AlanW.

Thanks

Hello,
    Sgt Ernest Long who flew with him, died on 8 May 1944 in the attack of the ammunition dump of Salbris.

Alain (friend of Metheringham airfield)

Thanks

Default Hampden AD756

Hello,

I'm trying to find the aircraft ID letter of Hampden AD756, 106 Sqn RAF, shot down by a nightfighter on the morning of 17 August 1941 with the loss of 3 crewmembers, and 2 taken prisoner. My great uncle, 1250963 Sgt Leonard Acres was the observer on this a/c. Along with the pilot, PO G G Watts and another officer, PO J Grant, he is buried in Gembloux Cemetery, Namur, Belgium. (PO Grant was apparently flying supernumerary, the 2 air gunners taken prisoner were Sgts G V Lynn and J H Cook).

I know the Squadron code was ZN, but have failed to find the aircraft code letter.

If anyone could help with this I would really appreciate it.

Karen

Thanks

I know this is an old post, but I have only just come across it whilst researching my family member. PO G G Watts was related to me and is buried next to your great uncle in Gembloux.