Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Book: Fortress with RAF Coastal Command

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

The update is now posted on the MMP Books home page and on the Coastal Command Fortress book page in the MMP White series.
    Robert

Thanks

Rob,
    Just got my update via email, many thanks for that, look forward to viewing it later when i get home from work.
    Regards....Alan.

Thanks

MMP have posted a second downloadable update their web site at:

http://mmpbooks.biz/mmp/books.php?book_id=123

It includes new information on the fate of 251 Sqn aircraft based at Reykjavik and confirmation of more USAAF/RAF serial tie-ups for early B-17Fs retained by the USAAF.

Regards:

Robert

Thanks

MMP have posted a third downloadable PDF update on their web site at:

It now includes information on the training of a B-17C/Fortress I crew in the US and their ferry flight to the UK and the experiences of a test pilot with 218 MU, RAF Colerne, testing Fortresses and other types.

Regards:

Robert

Thanks

MMP have posted a new downloadable PDF book update on their web site at:

Latest additions include a detailed account of the role of Fortress IIA FK192 with the High Altitude Flight and delivery of Fortress Is to the UK.

Robert

Thanks

Hello All:

Have been asked and am advising the forum I did not post the previous posting regarding an update of my Coastal Command Fortress book.

Not sure how to delete it as a moderator but my recommendation to all would be not to respond until I can figure out how. Update: Since deleted as noted in #16.

Robert
    Last edited by robstitt; 27th October 2016 at 03:14.

Thanks

Hello All:

The revised second edition of Boeing B-17 Fortress in RAF Coastal Command Service is scheduled for publication in June 2019.

Will post again when it's out there.

Robert

Thanks

Well done Robert!

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Hello All:

The second, revised edition of Boeing B-17 Fortress in RAF Coastal Command Service has now been published by MMP Books.

http://mmpbooks.biz/ksiazki/448

In case you have the first edition and are torn as to whether this revised edition is for you, here's an extract from the introduction:

Minor errors in the first edition have been corrected while a number of topic areas have been updated based on new information. The most significant of these relate to the camouflage schemes applied to Coastal Command-bound Fortresses at the time of their delivery to the United Kingdom and the subsequent in-service application of artwork.

Greater detail is now included on the supply of B-17s to Britain under Lend-Lease while background on the decision to assign the Fortress to Coastal Command is presented for what is believed to be the first time. There is also a new chapter describing the Beam Approach Beacon System developed for Coastal Command operations and an expanded chapter describing the handful of Fortress Is detached to Egypt.

Related topics such as B-17Es operated by the USAAF in ‘RAF-style’ camouflage, B-17Fs in USAAF service marked with Air Ministry serials and the delivery of the twenty B-17Cs purchased by Britain have also been added.

There are over 80 new photographs, diagrams, tables and document extracts while the scale drawings have been updated based on newly-available Boeing documents.

A further nine appendices and a photo essay chronicling a Fortress I pilot’s war in the Middle East are available on the MMPBooks website via URL links and QR codes.

Please note that amendments to the first edition prepared by the Author have appeared online. Their content has been revised and the originals should be considered out-of-date.

Robert
    Last edited by robstitt; 21st July 2019 at 19:55. Reason: Introduction extract added

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Have just pre-ordered your latest on CC Fortresses (not available where I purchased it until 28th July). Had a look at the MMP/Stratus site, can't see anything about additional appendices on their website. Could you be more precise on their location?

Col.