Thread: Group Photos During Training

Thanks

Default Group Photos During Training

Good afternoon everyone,

In my continuing search for crew photographs, I am looking for any group shots taken at 2 radio school Yatesbury between 17th June to the 21st Dec 1943 and 2 (o) AFU (Millom) between 21st Dec 1943 and 22nd Feb 1944. I am particularly looking for Sgt A.J.Clayton 1811224 or a Sgt M.G.Smith 1817166.

I have tried the RAF Museum Hendon and asked the Yatesbury assoc to look but nothing found as yet. My father has some of these group photos from his training so hopefully someone else may have one of the ones I need.

Also, does anyone know who took these photos, maybe that is worth looking into.

Many thanks,

Paul

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I was at Millom a couple of weeks ago and noticed they have a series of group photos of their various intakes throughout the war. It may be worth contacting the museum to ask for their help, I found them very obliging and helpful....and well worth a visit!

Russ

Thanks

Default Group Photos during Training

Thanks Russ,

I tried to contact them once via a website email link but only had a standard reply and heard nothing after that. As with most things when researching it seems that to actually go there is the best way to do it. I think I will take your advice and plan a trip.

Thanks Again

Paul