Thread: Aus404505 F/o W J Little Raaf.

Thanks

Default Aus404505 F/o W J Little Raaf.

Hello,

AUS404505 F/O William John LITTLE RAAF, of No.237 Sqn. was posted missing on 19-12-1944. He is commemorated on the Malta Memorial.

There is no (available) A705 at the National Archives of Australia (NAA), only his undigitised A9300.

I have as a possibility, Spitfire LF.IX PT715, FTR 19-12-1944 (Having eliminated JK329, as being lost with 352 (Yugo) Sqn., also on 19-12-44.

Could anyone positively identify Little's aircraft?

Any help appreciated,
    Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 8th June 2009 at 10:49. Reason: minor correction

Thanks

Col
    You can apply to have his NAA records digitalised & there may be a sortie report or a description of his disappearance ?
    A sortie report is more likely from the National Archives Kew, London.

No doubt someone will come up with the answer to the aircraft.

Anne

Thanks

Hello Anne,

Looks like more loot in the coffers of the NAA! I'll see what Little's A9300 has to say.

Thanks for your help,

Col.

Thanks

Col
    I don't think I paid to have my RAAF father's records or that of his cousin, digitalised but I did pay approx A$25 for a paper copy in a folder, posted to me in UK -took about 3-4 weeks .
    I thought that was reasonable & you can look at leisure .The digitalised copy takes a week or so to be set up.

Try requesting Little's records to be digitalised & then you can see if it costs anything.A lot of looking at the screen, trawling through pages ,sometimes with nothing on them but you can enlarge & print off individual pages.

Regards
    Anne

Thanks

hello Anne,

NAA changed its policy last year, and now you also have to pay to have a file digitised. Not sure, but I think it's the same price as for a "hard copy".

I still prefer "hard copies", as some digitised files can sometimes be hard to decipher.

Service is efficient and very fast, and a good value for money (especially with a strong Euro !).

Joss