Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D Pearcey, POW No. 24768

Thanks

Default Douglas Pearcy

Quote Originally Posted by NickFenton View Post
    Can anyone help me with this chap.

From Ross's POW info. his service number is 924205 but which Squadron? When did he go down?

Regards,

Nick
    Nick. I have come across Pearcy engaged in pow camp education. No doubt it is your man, I wonder if anything is referenced in his repatriation report. I would be interested in seeing his report if possible. Sorry I cant add anything further to help with him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pietrzak309 View Post
    Can anyone shed any light on a W/O. 924205 W/O. Douglas Pearcy RAFVR - shot down on or about the 09th February 1942 (PoW - Kopernikus) - understood to be with 272 Squadron with the loss of his observer? The son of the pilot has contacted me with this enquiry and I would like to assist him with any details that anyone are able to provide? Thank you.
    Pietrzak. I have come across Douglas Pearcy in respect of research into pow camp education. It appears he was involved in some significant way writing various papers with a couple of fellow Warrant Officers. If you are able to access any images of Douglas I would be most pleased to see them. Sadly I am unable to help you with anything of more substance in respect of his time in service or as pow. Kind regards.

Thanks

I have merged these two threads which were covering the same person. Nice to see the pieces come together.

Bruce
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Many thanks Colin - if I do get any photos I will let you know of course.

Thanks

Default Re: D Pearcey, POW No. 24768

Quote Originally Posted by colinpateman View Post
    Pietrzak. I have come across Douglas Pearcy in respect of research into pow camp education. It appears he was involved in some significant way writing various papers with a couple of fellow Warrant Officers. If you are able to access any images of Douglas I would be most pleased to see them. Sadly I am unable to help you with anything of more substance in respect of his time in service or as pow. Kind regards.
    Hi Colin,

I have only recently read pietrzak309's request of information regarding 924205 W/O. Douglas Pearcy RAFVR back in 2015, and your replies in 2017. Last summer I came across a very intriguing photograph of Beaufighter T3324 from a Spanish antique shop, with a double German and Spanish original caption. Then a few more photos emerged on eBay and luckily I obtained some of them. That prompted me to continue the investigation I started in the summer and I came to some conclusions that can be of interest, both to you and to Pietrzak. I also wonder if both of you came in contact.

All the best,
    Juan Carlos

Thanks

Default Re: D Pearcey, POW No. 24768

Juan, many thanks for the contact and i look forward to hearing from you further.
    What a great forum this is.