Thread: Memorial F/O Oldham and F/O Lamb

Thanks

Default Memorial F/O Oldham and F/O Lamb

Hello,

I am finishing the history of the Lancaster PM-O that was shot in my village.
    It is time to conclude after 13 years.

Is there a member living in the folowing who can have a look if there is a Memorial (in town or in church) and if the name appears. I have so far 5 memorial and hope to have the 2 left :

Flying officer Lawrence P. Oldham born in Birmingham

Flying officer Robert K. Lamb from Hornsey. He is the only member of the crew that I could not find a relative, hence he had a brother.
    Would the ORB from N°28 OTU Wymeshold will mention from where he come on 29/12/1942 possible navigator school.

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards from a warm Belgium

René

Thanks

Rene
    For Lamb--
    You could ring the reporters on this local newspaper site, the Hornsey & Crouch End journal explaining why you want to find family .General emails are rarely answered but try a Letter to the Editor by post or email
    to---
    Journal Series
    Postal Address
    Journal
    161 Tottenham Lane
    London
    N8 9BU
    UK

This webaddress gives contact emails & phone numbers
    http://www.hornseyjournal.co.uk/contacts/HornseyJournal/

There are too many Lambs & Oldhams in the www.bt.com phone directory to write to all .You could also try a Birmingham newspaper [google] for Oldham family unless you have a more precise area of Birmingham for him ?

Regards
    Anne
    Last edited by aestorm; 25th June 2009 at 16:06.

Thanks

Default 103 Sqdn Assn

Bonjour René,

Do you are in touch with David Fell? He is the 103 Sqdn Assn historian. Maybe he can help you further???

Cheerio,
    Adrian

Thanks

Default Memorial F/O Oldham and F/O Lamb

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your reply, I am in contact with David since 1996 , he is the person who help me with the british newspaper.

Hello Anne,

I have contacted the Hornsey newspaper and they kindly provide me with the obituary of F/O Lamb , and it is why I knew had a brother. I have try the telephone directory as you wrote thet are a few Lamb, we wrote to the one living closer to the address but he was not family related;

Regarding F/O Oldham I am in contact with his brother, they do not live anymore in Birmingham , but he does not recall if there is a memorial where his brother's name appears.

I was just hoping that a member is living arround and couls see if their names are written on a memorial or in a chuch perhaps.

Best regards

Rene

Thanks

Rene
    You never know .Someone may be able to help or live in those areas
    Anne