Thread: Tansfer procedure RAF/RCAF-USAAF

Thanks

Default Tansfer procedure RAF/RCAF-USAAF

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has any info about transferring RAF or RCAF airmen into the USAAF.
    I have an American citizen who joined the RCAF in 1941 being trained as pilot, served with the RCAF and RAF and then in 1944 he was transferred to the USAAF.

Any ideas about the procedure, like if he can ask for this transfer, what he must to do to complete it, etc. much appreciated.

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

hello,

I have such a case linked with Northern France. He was Eugene Leon Rosner (search this board for the thread about him). Dave (aka Alieneyes) helped me about him. I'll check what I have but I'm afraid I don't have a lot about the procedure of transfer from RCAF to USAAF.

What I can tell for this case, is that he was required to finish his tour (on Lancasters with No. 106 Squadron) but he was actually killed in action during his first ops wearing his First Lieutenant U.S. uniform, instead of his Flying Officer one.

Joss

Thanks

Hi Pavel,
    I will try to get the relevant details for you from one of my fathers pilots who was an USA citizen rejected by USAAF joined RCAF and then rejoined USAAF. He was Sgt F A McClellan who at 97 years is alive and well. I correspond with him via his sons. It may take a while especially as it is holiday time for most in USA at moment. Hopefully can get you the relevant details.
    Regards,
    Rob Jerram.

Thanks

Thanks chaps,

in my case the pilot finished only 7 ops with CC before the transfer.
    I will be glad for any details and there is no rush Rob - I am just starting this research.

TIA

Pavel

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

Hi Pavel:
    Not sure if this is useful but I know of a pilot who served briefly CC after training in Canada. He flew a few ops as co-pilot and was then declared 'On release to the USAAF.' He then flew A-20s in Europe.
    Regards:
    Robert

Thanks

Hi Robert,

thanks for info. It seems to me it is the same in my case - a few ops as co-pilot but then the difference - I suppose he returned to the USA become B-24 instructor and later probably flying with ATC USAAF.

Pavel