Thread: 90 Sqn Oct 1943 to June 1944

Thanks

Default 90 Sqn Oct 1943 to June 1944

i am looking for sqn records on the above dates for missions for a chap i have Flt Lt D B Thomas dfc rnzaf
    cheers Tony

Thanks

Hi Tony,

As you probably know the records you are seeking for are in the squadron ORB's which are held in the National Archives in Kew.Considering the covering timeline I think the best way should be a visit to Kew to look at the ORB on microfilm however I don't know if it is possible for you to visit Kew.You can order copies,I did it sometimes but that was for one raid each time.Again considering the timeline if would cost a lot of money to order copies of all of it.

regards

Mike

Thanks

From my records I can tell you the following 90 Sqn crew raided Amiens on 15 Mar 44:

Stirling III 'D' EF431

WO Thomas DB - Pilot
    FO Christie J - Nav
    F/S Duffett FI - A/B
    Sgt Miller AW - W/Op
    Sgt Yates BMG - M/U/G
    Sgt Robinson JEL - R/G
    Sgt Wynes AH F/E.

Take off Tuddenham 1916. Landed base 2256. 22 x 500 lb bombs delivered at 2103 from 11,000 feet.

Rgds

Jonny
    Last edited by jonny; 11th July 2009 at 15:51. Reason: Being a biff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    From my records I can tell you the following 90 Sqn crew raided Amiens on 15 Mar 44:

Stirling III 'D' EF431

WO Thomas DB - Pilot
    FO Christie J - Nav
    F/S Duffett FI - A/B
    Sgt Miller AW - W/Op
    Sgt Yates BMG - M/U/G
    Sgt Robinson JEL - R/G
    Sgt Wynes AH F/E.

Take off Tuddenham 1916. Landed base 2256. 22 x 500 lb bombs delivered at 2103 from 11,000 feet.

Rgds

Jonny
    Hi thanks that info showing him as pilot and crew is perfect do you have any more a few either side would be fantastic (read beg )even a couple with D B Thomas listed .
    cheers and thanks I am aware of the records being at Kew but as in i in South Australia
    its really out of the question .I have his Full service record ,DFC chisel named details and dated 1944 39-45 star ACE bar france and Germany,Def ,war,NZ service medal pictures ,birth death, ,obituary,newspaper cuttings etc ,etc but only 2 missions he was on the other was operation titanic 5/6th june dropping window and dummy paras called ruperts
    over rear enemy lines to confuse the germans
    Tony

Thanks

Tony,

Leave it with me. I shall have a look at what I have got and get back to you.

Rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Johny that would be great I have been searching around for quite some time have found a lot on him and life after the war but the missions are the missing piece in the whole file .I dare say i lot of collectors are in the same boat as I am .
    Thanks Tony

Thanks

Tony,

Apologies, but I have looked through my records and have no more mention of your man. I researched a chap who was on the Sqn at the same time as WO Thomas and only have selected copies of the ORB.

Unfortunately, being based in Germany for the next 12 months also limits my ability to get to Kew.

Rgds

Jon
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Ok thanks for looking it was most considerate I have at least 2 missions now
    better than one.Most important I now have aircraft serial number and the names of his Crew
    cheers Tony