Thread: S/L G Abecassis, 161 Squadron, 1944.

Thanks

Default S/L G Abecassis, 161 Squadron, 1944.

Guys,

I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows how I might contact any of the following members of the crew of S/L George Abecassis at 161 Squadron, June to October, 1944. I hope that some of them are still around, but any member of the family of any of these men may be able to help me with my research. Contact has been made with the son of F/O Moloney (who died as recently as 2007), so he is listed below in case his name rings a bell in anyone’s mind, which could lead me to the family of any of the others.

F/L Robert Richard Gee, Navigator, 112388 (known as ‘Dick’), DOB 22.11.1918, from Newcastle on Tyne

F/O Ken Walker, DFM, Wireless Operator, 137336, post-war from Leighton Buzzard. Wife’s name was Nina.

F/O Samuel Connor Woodham, Bomb Aimer, 148803 (known as ‘Sam’), DOB 15.6.1913, from Sutton, Surrey

F/O ‘Sid’ Grimwade, Despatcher,

P/O Lesley Flower, Engineer, 184079, DOB 24.12.1919, from St Albans

P/O Ross Philp, RAAF, Various roles, 426260, DOB 20.3.1923, from Queensland, Australia. Killed in action 6.10.44.

F/O Patrick Joseph Moloney, Rear Gunner, 173441 (known as ‘Paddy’), DOB 17.3.1922, from Tipperary, Eire

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Nick

Thanks

Default P/O Ross Philp

Hello Nick
    P/O Ross Philp's service record and casualty files have been digitised and can be viewed www.naa.gov.au
    His father Sir Roslyn Foster Bowie Philp was a highly respected supreme court judge in Brisbane, Queensland.
    On Googling I found Bennett & Philp lawyers in Brisbane with Ken Philp, director. There is a link to email Ken Philp. He must be related to Ross or should be able to suggest someone you can contact.
    Good luck. Let me know if I can help any further.
    Lorraine

Thanks

Lorraine,

Excellent info. thanks for this. We will get onto this and see where it goes.

If anyone can help further, it would be great.

Regards,

Nick