Thread: Loss of P-51 on 18-01-1943

Thanks

Default Loss of P-51 on 18-01-1943

Hello gentlemen,

Due to research for the victims of a German WW2 fighter pilot, I'd like some assistance with the loss of a P-51 Mustang I (N 4 Squadron) on January 18, 1943. The German account mentions this aircraft was lost near the French city of Rue (Somme Bay). Searching the internet gives me the (probable) name Flt.-Lt. Wilson.
    Yet, I have no literature to verify, nor can I find this name in the CWGC-website. Can someone shed more light on this matter, or help with his full name, please? It is also uncertain to me if he survived or if he was killed in action.

Thank you,
    Laurens

Thanks

Laurens,
    Can confirm that it was a F/Lt Wilson, in Mustang AG545, last seen heading towards French coast, just South of Somme estuary, cause of loss not confirmed. As you say, there's no Wilson on CWGC for this date so probably pow.

Thanks

Thank you, Alan. The german account in the JG26 War Diary mentions he was KIA. But I find it somewhat strange nothing more is added. Being taken to a camp is also a possibility though. I assume you don't have his full name?

Laurens