Thread: Archives re 1699 B.S.T.U. & crew duties in O.T.U.

Thanks

Default Archives re 1699 B.S.T.U. & crew duties in O.T.U.

Hello All,
    Might someone more experienced than I help. On the old board I joined or instigated 2 threads 1 asking about 1699 B.S.T.U. Jan/Feb. 1945 & the 2nd the duties of an airman in an O.T.U. having completed an operational tour. With both I received some very informative responses but unfortunately did not make a copy. . I have tried serving the archive to no avail; can anyone help and point me in the right direction?
    Regards Alan

Thanks

Default 1699 Flight

Hi Alan

Did you get anywhere with this one?

I just ask as there is a little bit of info around regarding 1699 Flight (its usual name rather than 1699 B.S.T.U. ?) which was the B-17 Fortress conversion unit for 100 Group and, specifically, for my point of interest, 214 Sqn.

I too couldn't find your original post. In case I can help, what (or who) was it you were after?

Regards

Ian

Thanks

Default Archives re 1699 B.S.T.U

Alan
    One thread should be:
    http://www.rafcommands.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5935&forum=DCForumID 6&archive=yes#14

Regards,
    Bobby

Thanks

Default afjobson

Thank you Bobby & Ianh, Bobby , exactly what I was looking for. I hope it did not put you to too much trouble finding it. Ian, My interest stems from my researching my Father's war service. I have his log book & ervice record. He served as ag/wO WITH 223 sQDN FROM dEC. 44 TO jUNE 45. tHERE WAS A BREAK aPRIL WHEN HE WAS WITH "80 wING". mIGHT YOU OR ANY OTHER READER KNOW WHAT 80 wING'S DUTY BE AT THAT TIME.
    REGARDS aLAN
    P.S. Please ecus the typing I hit caps lock in error