hi

I was offered and bought a medal group

THE 1939-1945 STAR
    AIRCREW EUROPE STAR, with ATLANTIC CLASP,
    DEFENCE MEDAL
    SERVICE MEDAL
    AIR EFFICIENCY AWARD

air efficiency was named ...W/O. W.H. Bryan (749513) RAFVR

i also got some photos and two warrants to become an officer in RAF. 1st in 1st Feburary 1944, 2nd on 3rd October 1956

I was interested in how to get his records, location of postings etc.
    The snag is the RAF wont give me the information as i am not next of kin or relation even though the gentleman is deceased

i have seen 740000 to 759999 means he enlisted in Jan 1937 but thats as far as i can get.

Any ideas??

Ian

Thanks

Hi Ian,

Christopher Brooks 'The Air Efficiency award 1942-2005' a nominal roll lists Bryan award as 3/10/1946 !

From his service number it would appear he enlisted in the RAFVR around May 1939 onwards. I believe he enlisted as aircrew. I have details of several men with service number near to him serving as wireless operators/ air gunners during the Battle of Britain !

With regard to his service record you can obtain a copy under the Freedom of Information Act this will cost you 30. Or also under the act basic service information (dob, date of enlistment, last day of service etc) all for free !

Mark

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marks View Post
    With regard to his service record you can obtain a copy under the Freedom of Information Act this will cost you 30.
    If you can prove that he has been dead for 25 years or you have permission from the NoK.

Rgds

Jonny

Thanks

Thanks Jonny and Mark for the reply. That has certainly pointed me in the right direction

Ian