Thread: No.467 Sqn 1944/45

Thanks

Default No.467 Sqn 1944/45

My father is currently putting finishing touches to his memoirs covering his service with 467 Squadron based at Waddington during 1944/45, He was shot down on the night of 18/19 July 1944 on raid on railway yards at Revigny, France. How do we go about finding out what official or other records exist relating to this raid and other aspects of service life of he and his crew. He is now only survivor of crew of Lancaster PO-E.
    Thank you in anticipation

Thanks

Default Information on 467 Squadron RAF.

Hi Denis,
    Welcome to the forum. Firstly you have put your query in the wrong place, this topic you have entered is completely unrelated to the topic you want information on. When you enter the page with all forum messages and threads you will see at the top left a tag which says New Threads, click on this and you will be taken to a window which is self explanatory and it is here as the title suggests that you post your question. That said the site that you and your father need to look at is as follows; http://www.467463raafsquadrons.com/L01Pgs/contents.htm
    This will give you all the information you need and should bring backmany memories for your father. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Rob Jerram.

Thanks

I could be wrong, but I thought we would be talking about an RAAF squadron?

Was there an RAF 467 Sqdn?

Anyway, the Australian War Memorial has information on the Australian squadron here:

http://www.awm.gov.au/units/unit_11175.asp

The National Archives of Australia (www.naa.gov.au) also lists the following records (among others):

"Operations Record Book. Squadron 467 RAAF, January-December 1944"

- It is physically held by the Australian War Memorial and, unfortunately (unlike the ORB for 460 Sqdn), it has not yet been digitised.

There is also listed:

"No 467 Squadron RAAF: Honours and Awards presented by Wing Commander G L Comm, leather bound volume of hand-written copies of all citations"

And digitised:

"[Overseas Headquarters, RAAF, London] Formation and movement of No 467 (B) [Bomber] Squadron - RAAF [flew Lancasters from Scampton, later Waddington - disbanded on 30/9/1945 [27pp]"

Et cetera.

Adrian
    Interests include Spitfires in Malta 1942 and 460 Sqdn 1943-44 (including Black Thursday)

Thanks

Adrian,
    Denis is talking about 467 RAAF, he just made a slight error in the title. The 467sqdn ORB 1942-45 has been digitised, just had a look at it. Typed in 467 Squadron and it gets 58 hits, the ORB is on the page for files page 21 to 40, half way down.
    Regards.......Alan.

Thanks

Thanks Alan, I had typed in the search term "467 RAAF", and that failed to find the ORB. But your suggested serch term works just fine.
    Cheers
    Adrian
    Interests include Spitfires in Malta 1942 and 460 Sqdn 1943-44 (including Black Thursday)

Thanks

Hi Alan/Adrian,
    The mistake in title is mine, when I did search on google I just put in 467 RAF and got the site that I refer to in my previous posting which is http://www.467463raafsquadrons.com/ and this has all the info that you need including all ORBs and so much more. An excellent site. No offense meant, have to keep the ANZAC relations in good stead -:)

Regards,
    Rob Jerram.

Thanks

I didn't realise that the 467/463 site had all the ORBs!! That's a mammoth undertaking!