Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sgt. /Pilot Howard Squire Lewis RCAF#R145155

Thanks

Errol,
    Thank you for checking and correcting my information. Clearly my mothers' memories may be faded. The embarkation date appears to be correct from all records RCAF/RAF from N.Y., so he must have been on board QE with your RNZAF airmen.

Richard K.
    My father only held this Army Serial number for a short time from Aug. 17, 1943 (date of his transfer to US forces as Staff Sergeant) to Jan. 21, 1943 when he was discharged to accept a commission as Flight Officer Jan. 22, 1943. We don't find a new Serial number(01704232) associated with my father though until his commission as Second Lieutenent with 1257th AAF Base Unit, Marrakech, French Morroco April 19, 1945. My family does lean toward the notion that his mysterious "combat time" from Aug.1, 1943 to Nov. 30, 1943 with few details might be due to mission secrecy, given his later involvment in CIC/OSI, but this might be due to pride and vanity.

Richard J. Lewis
    Last edited by Richard J. Lewis; 17th November 2009 at 16:46. Reason: incorrect date

Thanks

Forum Members and Guests,

I have submitted the necessary MoD forms, "Subject Access Request" and "Certificate of Kinship", to the 3rd Party Disclosure Team at RAF Cranwell for information on my father's RAF service. I will happily post any informative results of my inquiry here. Thank you all again for your kind attention.

Richard J. Lewis