Thread: P/O William Grant STORRIER, 120615

Thanks

Default P/O William Grant STORRIER, 120615

Good evening all
    William Grant STORRIER,Royal Air Force (V.R.), was my grate uncle , over the last few year i have been looking for information , on what unit , and what SQ he served with ,

i know he has a memorial in Malta
    the family dose not know what happed to him , or even what plane he was in at the time
    any information would be gratefully received

thank you
    simon

William Grant STORRIER, 120615, Pilot Officer, Royal Air Force (V.R.), died 4th September 1942, aged 20 years.
    William Grant STORRIER, 120615, Pilot Officer, Royal Air Force (V.R.), died 4th September 1942, aged 20 years

Thanks

His name was among the crew of an aircraft discussed on an earlier thread:

http://www.rafcommands.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=printer_format&om=8619&forum=DCForu mID6

Henk wrote:

" Hi all,
    Here's the answer received today from the AHB/RAF:

According to original surviving wartime documents, here in the Air Historical Branch archive, Pilot Officer William Foxlee was serving with No. 15 Operational Training Unit, RAF Harwell, No. 6 Group, Bomber Command. He was employed as the Observer aboard Wellington Mk. IC, Serial No. AD647, of No. 1 Overseas Aircraft Despatch Unit, RAF Portreath, No. 44 Group, Ferry Command. This aircraft was despatched on a transit flight from RAF Harwell to Bathurst, and was reported missing whilst on the Gibraltar - Middle East leg of the journey. The circumstances of the loss of thr aircraft were not known, as no news had been received since take off. The deaths of the crew were presumed to have occurred on 4th September 1942, and they were assumed to have been lost at sea. Wellington AD647 was piloted by Sergeant B Palmer, and the remaining occupants aboard the aircraft were listed as:
    Sgt F E Watkins (Employed as: Pilot)
    Sgt L G Rees (Wireless Operator/Air Gunner)
    P/O W G Storrier (Air Gunner)
    Sgt E Barr (Air Gunner)"

A

Thanks

Amrit

thank you so much for that information !!!

i have gained so much information , with that post .

i just wish some other family members were still alive to have read it !

thank you again

Simon
    William Grant STORRIER, 120615, Pilot Officer, Royal Air Force (V.R.), died 4th September 1942, aged 20 years