Thread: 150 Squadron ORB, Jun-Oct 1944

Thanks

Default 150 Squadron ORB, Jun-Oct 1944

Does anyone has access to the 150 Sqn ORB for the time period of June to Oct 1944? I am a bit curious as to the nature/quality of this. I am looking for operations of the later F/L O G Gronning.

Some weeks ago TNA e-mailed a record copying estimate for this period. As it turned out - the estimate is

AIR 27/1012 - 131 pages - 58.95 - June/July 1944 (F540+F541)
    AIR 27/1013 - 131 pages - 58.95 - Aug/Sep/Oct 1944 (F540+F541)

I was a bit surprised by the number of pages, but guess that it is because, I am not used to bomber squadron ORBs. And then I was surprised by the fact that the number of pages is identical for the two periods.

Mikkel Plannthin
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Not a single sole?

Mikkel Plannthin
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War

Thanks

Mikkel,
    Depending on what format you asked the files to copied to, i would query the cost. From the cost given, i would say that they are going to be A3 paper copies, quite an expensive way to get 5 months of ORB, considering you could probably get the whole years worth copied to CD for less than the cost of one of those estimates. I recently had a years worth of ORB (1,871 pages) for 46, which included the cost of the CD.
    Regards.....Alan

Thanks

Alan,
    Thank you! It is exactly paper copies that I asked for because my reading of the price list indicated that that was the less expensive. The price for digital copies seemed hilarious
    https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/recordcopying/recordcopyingcharges.aspx

I might have to go back to the list and read it again...

Mikkel

Thanks

Mikkel,
    Hilarious but true, but it works out that if you order an ORB from Jan to Dec and ask for digital copies on CD, it works out cheaper than just asking for a couple of months on paper, but takes a lot longer to process, the longest i had to wait is 3 months. The dearest i've paid for an ORB was 46 for one than ran from Jan 44 through to August 46, the cheapest for a years worth of another was 32.

Thanks

Excellent tip! Thank you.

Mikkel

Thanks

Asked to an estimate, but this time for digital copies on CD-ROM. Got this answer:

"We are able to spend up to twenty minutes attempting to identify the material specified by you in up to five records, in order to estimate the copying cost. Our preliminary examination shows that your request would require a longer search than this, so we are unable to proceed."

The funny thing is, that it was the exact same query that I asked some time ago, only the format was different.

Regards

Mikkel