Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 400707 - Unaccounted airman - 7-7-1940

Thanks

Henk (and all)
    Found it! I knew I'd given it a name that I wouldn't forget - but did!!
    AC1 R H Wilson NOT on WW2 Balloon Command RoH. So that rules out killed by Enemy Action. But that still leaves non Service related accident, or natural causes - which are beginning to look more likely?!! But, Henk, him doing a very elderly "Biggles" does look, at the moment, as something you should not, in my very humble opinion, invest too much money in!!
    Having spent a fair amount of time chasing this man, I'm not going to let him get away. To hell with it, I'm going for his Death Cert - the wife and cat will just have to starve for the next week! Another exciting episode next week - or later!!
    Yrs Aye
    Peter Davies

Thanks

Default AC1 R.H. Wilson

Thanks Peter. Please keep your reply for some weeks as I've to report "at the hospital" next Friday morning 18th at 6.45 AM for surgery same day.
    Regards,
    Henk.

Thanks

All the Best Henk
    Regards
    Dick

Thanks

Default Richard Henry Wilson

Dear All,
    Got him! Our Richard Henry Wilson (late AC1, RAFVR) died on 7 Jul 1940 at 5 Aubert Road, Highbury, Islington, London. Male, aged 58. He was a "Brass Engraver" by profession (whatever skills that might have entailed!). He died of Coronary Thrombosis, Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema - as certified by a Dr P M Phillips, MD. The Death Registration information was provided by his Widow, Mrs A L Wilson (of the same address) who was present at the Death. The Registration took place on 8 Jul 40. The Registrar was H E Butcher.
    So far so good! But this leaves the little problem of there being no mention of him being in the RAF. What did his Widow do with all that RAF kit he must have been issued with? Or had he Enlisted (and not told his wife!!!)- but not yet been Mobilised? And if so, how did he pass the Medical? He must have had a hacking cough? Those who are more well versed in GRO procedures may care to offer their opinions. Can we still be sure this is our man?
    And can someone remember to alert Henk when he comes out of hospital. His Inbox will be full to overflowing. Does anyone know how he is?
    Rgds
    Peter Davies

Thanks

Henk,
    As requested this thread is brought to your notice.
    Very Good to see you back on Unit Strength - albeit on Light Duties!! Well done, That Man!
    Rgds
    Peter

Thanks

Thanks Peter. Will make a slow start and first of all "walking" through this forum. Four pages arrears.
    Henk.

Thanks

Thanks as well to you Dick for your good wishes and support.
    Henk.