Thread: Pompong Island

Thanks

Default Pompong Island

Hi All,

This may be slightly off topic but I thought I would share it with you. Towards the end of last year I was posting on this forum trying to piece together my father's life. With the help of a few members I have done this, at least probably as much as I will be able to achieve.

Not only that but with the help of "Major Tan," an amazing local from Singapore, I managed to get to Pompong Island exactly 67 years, to the minute, after my father was killed there on the 14th Feb 1942. I have written up my father's life and our trip to Pompong Island on my web. Please have a look at it on my web (Stan Pyke's home page), it may help encourage others to look into their family history if they lost somone in the war.

Thanks to all who helped me achieve this trip of a lifetime.

Stan Pyke

Thanks

Hi Stan,

There's a problem with the links on your home page. When I found it through a search (http://www.sgpyke.co.uk/) I was unable to open any of the linked pages. The code appears to be malformed - somehow you have a back slash instead of a forward slash at the end of each link. e.g. "www.sgpyke.co.uk/dad\dad.htm".

I was able to get to the page by retyping the link: http://www.sgpyke.co.uk/dad/dad.htm but then none of the links to photos were working, probably because you have illegal characters and spaces in the filenames ('&' and '(space)' aren't good in html code).

I was interested in how you did your father's story, since I have about 103 stories like it that I plan to write.
    David

Thanks

Default Broken links

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, you are right. I shouldn't keep using templates without making sure they are correct as it just makes matters worse in the end. I have changed the linls in the pages to do with my father and Pompong island but will take a while to get the rest done - so please bear with me. Funny how neither my family or I have never come across this before, what browser are you using?

I would be happy to share any info with you and help out in anyway I can. Do you want to communicate by email and keep the traffic on the site down.

Cheers,

Stan