Thread: Activities of 134 Sqdn March/April 1942?

Thanks

Default Activities of 134 Sqdn March/April 1942?

My grandfather was posted to No. 134 Squadron over the period late March and early April 1942.

The Squadron was located at Baginton in Warwickshire during this period.

Was the Station called RAF Honiley?

I would like to know what sort of action the Squadron would have been involved in over this period (eg sweeps or convoy patrols etc). And no, I don't have the log book.

Also, what was the Wing at Baginton/Honiley called, and what other Squadrons made up the Wing?

Thanks

Adrian

PS Once again, copies of the ORB will be sought from Archives in due course.
    Interests include Spitfires in Malta 1942 and 460 Sqdn 1943-44 (including Black Thursday)

Thanks

RAF Honiley and RAF Baginton were different locations, although both were located in Warwickshire. Baginton is now Coventry's airport and Honiley is now part race track/part industrial complex.

Rgds

Jonny

Thanks

Adrian

To get a comparitive idea of their locations go to

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=424500&y=272500&z=120&sv=Honiley&st=3&tl =Map+of+Honiley,+Warwickshire+[City/Town/Village]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

You will find Honiley almost in the middle of the screen and Baginton/Coventry due east on the edge of the screen.on the eastern edge. You can zoom in and out, and drag the map around.

For current satellite imagery try http://www.content-delivery.co.uk/aviation/airfields/ (actually the position for Honiley is slightly in error, but if you zoom out it soon comes into view in the top left of the screen).

Brian

Thanks

Thanks for that. My grandfather was posted to RAF Honiley after a period of sick leave and before moving on to his next posting. I think I understand the relationship between Honiley and Baginton now.
    Interests include Spitfires in Malta 1942 and 460 Sqdn 1943-44 (including Black Thursday)