Thread: Lloyd Bennett - DFC citations?

Thanks

Default Lloyd Bennett - DFC citations?

Neither of Lloyd Bennett's DFC citations are available in the LG. Infact, neither give a unit, though the Bar is listed on Hugh's list as being awarded whilst with 1409 Flight.

I am particularly interested in a citation for his first DFC, if anyone should have it.

DFC 22 October 1940
    Pilot Officer Lloyd BENNETT (43194).

Bar to DFC 2 November 1945
    Flight Lieutenant Lloyd BENNETT, D.F.C. (43194), R.A.F.

And does anyone have access to the ORB for 220 Squadron for early 1940? I would be interested in any mentions of Bennett, especially any "recon" flights to Norway.

Thank you.

A
    RAF Armoured Car Companies 1920-45 http://www.rafacciraq.com/

Thanks

Default Bar to DFC

Sorry I do not have the original DFC text:

BENNETT, Lloyd, F/L, DFC (43194, Royal Air Force) - No.1409 Flight - Bar to Distinguished Flying Cross - awarded as per London Gazette dated 6 November 1945. Citation in Air Ministry Bulletin 20086.

Flight Lieutenant Bennett has completed his second tour of duty, his first being with Coastal Command when he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. This officer has been responsible for bringing back the most detailed weather information from over heavily defended areas and has secured some excellent target photographs. He has frequently operated in extremely bad weather and it has been his fine airmanship and skillful handling of his aircraft that enabled him to land in time to deliver his weather reports. Flight Lieutenant Bennett has always shown courage and coolness of a high order.

Thanks

Thank you, Hugh. The citation helps confirm some of the information in his obit.

regards
    A
    RAF Armoured Car Companies 1920-45 http://www.rafacciraq.com/