Thread: 'The Daedalus' Journal

Thanks

Default 'The Daedalus' Journal

Dear all,

I have just been given a couple of photocopy pages of the RAFHAA mag called 'The Daedalus'. It shows promotions and postings of all Halton Apprentices, along with exam results, HAA Association meetings etc. I would very much like to rummage through other copies of this Journal to aid in my research. Does anyone know where they can be found?

TIA

Jonny

Thanks

Hi Jonny
    I'm not sure if an RAF "in-house" publication would qualify but the British Library collects newspapers, magazines, periodicals etc as well as books and it's stock,going back some centuries, is available for public perusal. It used to be housed at Colindale,opposite the Northern Line Underground station on the same road that leads to the RAF Museum but wherever it has gone it might be worth a query as to whether they hold copies of what you seek. A similar request to the RAF Historical Branch and the RAF Museum might also be fruitful.
    Edit- I looked at the British Library website for Newspapers, It seems to still be at Colindale and it has copies of The Daedalus. That publication merged with The Halton Magazine in 1929. The title is now The Halton Magazine and The Daedalus and they seem to have copies from 1929- but with a break in WW2
    Good luck in the search
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick; 23rd October 2009 at 17:21.

Thanks

Dick,

That is spot on. Thank you very much indeed!

Kind rgds

Jonny