Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Hanau 6/7 Jan 1945

Thanks

Dear NM,
    My grandfather was Ernest Barr, father of EHM Barr who was lost on NR195, Ernest exhumed his son's body and identified it. EHM Barr's brother and sister (my mother) are still alive and still treasure the memory of their brother Mac,
    I have other bits and pieces of information which I can contribute,
    kind regards,
    Howie-ireland

Thanks

Awesome, thanks for getting in touch.
    NM

Thanks

Hello Gentlemen!
    My name is Thomas and I am a historian from Hamburg/Germany. I was searching information on the murder of T/Sgt Hein in Langenselbold when I came across this site. I was born in Langenselbold and was aware of this case of killing an allied airmen from the stories my grandmother told me in my youth, but not of the case in Hanau. What a story!

I found this article, that was published last year in the Hanauer Anzeiger local newspaper, Paywall :-(((: https://www.hanauer.de/ha_50_1114878...-Schnautz.html

It looks like the author wasnt aware of all the information you already gathered in this thread. His name is Werner Kurz and he seems to be an expert on the topic. Has anybody of you ever had contact to him, or is he even a member of this board under an alias? Has anybody found out if there is a file of this case in the archives of Hanau or Hessen?

I am currently researching all the books I can find on the topic ofthe murder of allied airmen (not many). I already located some files on the case (and on that of Donald Hein) via online research, but maybe one of you could help me with a list, since I am not to familiar with British, Canadian and American archives.

I will contact the Hanau Historical Society in the next weeks. Since they have a special study group an military history, there maybe is already someone on this topic.

All the best and thanks in advance
    Thomas

PS: You can also contact me under the following E-Mail: thomas.rost1@gmx.net