Thread: Flight Archives

Thanks

Default Flight Archives

Hi guys,

Is there an easy way to search the Flight Archives? I've tried various methods but always get a max of 100 hits and most of them are irrelevant to what I'm looking for. It's got to the stage where I'm trawling through each year month by month to find what I'm looking for.

Alex

Thanks

what are you looking for? Give us some examples, I don't think there is any easier way than narrowing it down to the year.

They are only scanned magazines at the end of the day and provided free of charge so we needn't be too miffed at that.

One can see from Henk's naccounted airmen threads that the OCR scanning is not great in some cases, various letters get miss read by the scanning software.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Hi Dennis,

I've basically found what I was looking for. Namely 6 Sqn pilots/gunners that served with the squadron during 1938 on operations over Palestine.

I just thought there may be an easier way to search as my way seemed to take forever. But like you said it is a free service and we should be grateful for that.

My next big search will be for 30 Sqn pilots/gunners from April 1935 to January 1938 when they operated Hardys in Iraq.

Alex