Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 180 Squadron

Thanks

David, You may be aware that your father received his UK DFC for an attack on an important bridge at Venlo on 4 Nov 44. His navigator received a Bar to his DFC; https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...upplement/5811. The mission was flown on 4 Nov 44 and the award of the DFC to George and his navigator was announced on 7 Nov 44. Given the generic wording for the award of the US DFC, "in recognition of valuable services rendered in connection with the war", it may be that the UK authorities were asked to submit the names of worthy recipients, and so the request would have filtered down to Wings etc. I see your father went on to receive an m.i.d. for air operations in Malaya. An interesting medal group. His navigator's are with my brother in NZ. Regards, Terry

Thanks

Hello

Sgt T. Beardsworth (NavB) was posted in to No. 180 Squadron on 8th June 1943, coming from No. 13 O.T.U. Bicester, with pilot Sgt McCRIMMON and WopAG Sgt WILSON.

Royton, if you are seeing this, are you still in touch with Beardsworth's Grandson ?

If so, I'd like to know if it'd be possible to have his portrait, or even better of the crew ?

TIA

Joss
    Last edited by jossleclercq; 10th January 2020 at 18:02.

Thanks

Terry, thanks for that. They were leading the box that hit the bridge (confirmed by photography) and the a/c took 11 hits from flak. He also received an M.I.D for Malaya

Does anyone have a copy of Air 2/9090 ?