Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 421111 - Unaccounted airmen - 11-11-1942

Thanks

Hello Dennis
    Tks for your update info. I shall endeavour to find out more my end but yes it is a CWGC headstone. Coincidentally his svc no 505818 is very very close to my fathers old number 525640 and he was 27 in 1942 when GE Stevens died, so there may be a clue there. I shall be back.

Thanks

Hello

Sgt George E. STEVENS - 525818 - the Manchester Evening News of Janaury 20th 1943 reported the following:

Young Wife in Gun Tragedy Dies
    Mrs. Theonia Stevens (21), who, on November 11, was found shot at her home at Newport (Mon.) with her husband, Sergt. George Edward Stevens , R.A.F., lying close by dead from a gunshot wound, died today in hospital.
    The husband had apparently telephoned for an ambulance before the shots were fired and the ambulance driver discovered the tragedy.

LAC Geoffrey REYNOLDS - 1800770 - the Surrey Advertiser of November 21st 1942 reported the following:

SERVICE PASSENGER KILLED
    A road accident between Sunningdale and Chobham on Wednesday last week caused the death in Botleys Hospital next day of Leading Aircraftman Geoffrey Reynolds, aged 28, who came from the Argentine. He was a passenger in an R.A.F. lorry when fatally injured.

Regards

Simon