Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.O.E Drop Zone Codes?

Thanks

Default S.O.E Drop Zone Codes?

Hi All,

Would there be a published list of DZ codes as used by squadrons working for the SOE? For instance I have HERMIT 15 - the Dijon area, then again I have RUMNEY 5, no idea of where this would be.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
    Peter
    Last edited by peter; 27th December 2009 at 12:12.

Thanks

Default Rumney 15

Do you have a date for this drop? Also ae you sure it is RumNey and not RumMey? Rummey drops were into Holland.

Thanks

Hi Bob,

Not sure myself of the spelling, it could well be RUMMEY and I have no dates, apart from it could have been middle to late 1944.

Regards
    Peter

Thanks

Hi,
    The one book in my collection that may have the answer (Bodyguard of Lies) has gone missing, possibly (hopefully) up in the attic, on top of that, the step ladder i use to get up there was lent to my son for decorating his flat. If i can find a way of getting up there and find it, i'll get back to you.

Thanks

I have copies of reports for RUMMY 2 & RUMMY 31 both are in Holland, Sept 44 & Mar 45 respectively. These were droppoed by 161 Sqdn.

Note no E in this drop name.

Thanks

Alan,

Please don't take a chance getting into your loft. I would have to come to yours and write a rude message on the plaster :)

Bob,

Thanks for that, as I said I could have the spelling wrong. Its 570 Squadron operations I'm interested in.

Regards
    Peter

Thanks

Peter,
    Looks like your posting has started another query, (where's my copy of Bodyguard of Lies) certainly nowhere to be found in the house, including the attic. Begining to wonder now if i've loaned it out and forgotten to whom.

Thanks

Hi Peter,
    If you can give me details of 570 Squadron crews and aircraft I may be able to help.

Regards,
    Rob Jerram.

Thanks

Default Rumney

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I have copies of reports for RUMMY 2 & RUMMY 31 both are in Holland, Sept 44 & Mar 45 respectively. These were droppoed by 161 Sqdn.

Note no E in this drop name.
    I have a Flying log book which has entries for Rumney 5 Draughts 1 and 7 and Blinkers 5 . All are SOE drops by 570 Sqn

Thanks

Default Soe

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Hi All,

Would there be a published list of DZ codes as used by squadrons working for the SOE? For instance I have HERMIT 15 - the Dijon area, then again I have RUMNEY 5, no idea of where this would be.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
    Peter
    I have a Flying log book which has entries for Rumney 5 Draughts 1 and 7 and Blinkers 5 . All are SOE drops by 570 Sqn

I have entered a request for info on the WW2 Talk forum , they seem helpfull