Thread: 75 Squadron,Feltwell,1943

Thanks

Default 75 Squadron,Feltwell,1943

Hi,A bit of a long shot here.(well a very long shot!!)
    I have a Harold Kerley RAFVR who flew as Wireless Operator when he was in 75 Squadron and based at Feltwell.
    He was discharged due to some sort of TB in 1943 and didn't fly again.
    Before he was discharged,he flew with a Fiijian in the crew and also another crew member who was a talented portrait artist.
    (He did an oil painting of Harold but didn't sign it)
    They were probably both killed in action after Harold's discharge in 1943 but i wondered if it jogged anyone. memory who knows this squadron.
    I am looking for names please.

Thanks

Linda

There was Maori called Manawaiti DFM (W/Op), and another who I am not sure whether he was Fijian or Maori- Sgt R H Raharuhi

A
    RAF Armoured Car Companies 1920-45 http://www.rafacciraq.com/

Thanks

Hi Linda
    75 Sqn left Feltwell in Aug '42 according to Jefford's RAF Squadrons.I suggest a look at www.feltwell.net which is the site for the village but has a section devoted to RAF History at the airfield. There is a sub-Section devoted to 75 NZ Squadron and someone among the names of contributors may be able to help
    Edit:- The name Raharui has just cropped up on another thread on the board by Phasselgren.From the partial reply by Errol Martyn it seems that Raharuhi was back in N Z by Nov 1943 as a Staff Pilot at an FTS. Phasselgren has him, with his crew, as being posted from 75 to 115 Sqn but he doesn't seem to have flown ops with the new Sqn and his return to NZ may be why that is so.
    Regards
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick; 7th January 2010 at 20:22.

Thanks

Default 75 Sqn

Hi Linda

Try emailing the following:
    Sgt Glen Turner on 75SQN.ASSNZ@windowslive.com he is the New Zealand Secretary for 75 Sqn. There is someone who is writing another history of 75 at the moment and they may have more information about the people you are asking about. Someone out there may have a signed picture you never know. There is also a UK branch secretary is kevinfking@talktalk.net who it might be also worth you contacting. If you are in the UK please come along to the Reunion in the UK as families and interested parties are very welcome to keep the spirit alive.

Dee

Thanks

Default Linda

Hi Dee,Dick,Amrit.
    Many thanks for your three replies and the advice and info and pointers etcetera which I will follow up.
    Much appreciated.
    This is for someone whose father serevd in the Squadron.