Thread: Spitfire losses mystery

Thanks

Default Spitfire losses mystery

Hello,

In the Norman Franks' Vol.2 of FCL, there are two Spitfires lost in action which were not identified both from 133 (Eagle) Sqn:

19.05.42 P/O Florance
    05.06.42 P/O Hancock

I have checked the A-B files and indeed there is no serial which could match, and reading the ORB, both pilots were flying Spitfire VBs which were not destroyed that day so that cannot help a lot and it seems that Form 541 of this ORB is all but reliable in many ways!. I even checked the Spit IIs register just in case but it is hard to believe that such losses don't have any record of any kind. I know that exist accident cards for non-operational losses, but does exist a such file for operational losses?

Any information on both Spits will be welcome. If no serial are known, does anyone know a list day-by-day of Spitfires including the serials? Even any track to follow would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Thanks

Phil

I have for 19.05.42 AD502 P/O DR FLORANCE (RCAF) Killed (also lost on same mission
    BL988 P/O RL PEWITT Killed)

The trouble for 05.06.42 P/O Hancock is that I had BM530 but that particular Spitfire has a history post 05.06.42

Thanks

Hancock has Come up before...

http://www.rafcommands.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?forum=DCForumID6&mark=5805&az=next_top ic&archive=yes