Thread: Lissett

Thanks

Default Lissett

As you may have gathered from my prior threads relating to Lost Airmen of Bridlington I'm a native and as such intersted in 4 group, particularly 158 Sqdn. I'm familiar with the airfield & what remains of it but I'm curious as to the location of the dispersed areas that are no longer apparent. It's a nightmare to find any contempary aerial photographs so I would be interested to hear from anyone who could give me any further information

Thanks

Hi John,

I have an areial shot taken in about 1946 of the airfiels and its surrounding area. Contact me on jwilliamsATeftel.com.au (Replace the AT with the usual and I'll get you a copy.

Cheers,

John.

Thanks

John,

Not photographs, but have you tried the RAF Museum? It holds the plans of a large number of airfields and Resmorah obtained the plan for Snaith (same era) a couple of years ago.

Brian

Thanks

Hi John,

'Bases of Bomber Command - Then and Now' by Roger Freeman has an excellent contemporary ariel photo from August 1942 while it was still under construction.

Russ

Thanks

Hi John

I live just down the coast from you in Hornsea and have acquired a number of airfield plans over the years, as already suggested, from the RAF Musuem the last one being Catfoss but unfortunately not Lisset.

You should find these better than photos as the show all the dispersed sites and installations as well as the main airfield layout.

Malcolm

Thanks

John,

Would the satellite imagery at http://www.content-delivery.co.uk/aviation/airfields/Lissett.html be of any use?

Brian