Thread: Raf Oakington - 1943

Thanks

Default Raf Oakington - 1943

Does anyone have information on a 304 Squadron Wellington bomber (piloted by F/Lt Kasprzyk) that hit a stationary Wellington from 3 OTU whilst making an emergency landing at RAF Oakington on 7th November 1943.

Apparently the airfield controller and the pilot of the 304 Wellington were blamed and disciplinary action was recommended. I would be grateful for information on the crew, any injuries, extent of damage to the aircraft and the result of any disciplinary action.

A tall order but I'm sure some of the members of the forum will have some ideas

Thanks

Default 304

All I can help with is that 304 were based at Davidstowe Moor at that point and were flying Wellington XIVs.
    Dee

Thanks

Hello "A",

7-11-1943

Vickers Wellington XIV HF150 of 304 Squadron Polish Air Force based at Davidstow Moor was wrecked in a ground collision with a stationary Wellington MP615 of 3 Operational Training Unit at Haverfordwest following a forced landing.

http://www.rafdavidstowmoor.org/pages/crash_log/crashlog43.html

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 4th February 2010 at 15:01.

Thanks

Hi,

F/L A G Kasprzyk, Sgt K Polanin, F/L T Kolodziejski all listed as not injured. Aircraft Cat E.

Took off Davistow Moor at 18:55 hrs for a Leigh Light exercise in St. Bride's Bay but lost revs on port engine. Overshot the first landing attempt at a strange aerodrome before hitting the unlit MP615 of No.3 OTU crossing the runway at Haverfordwest, 20:00 hrs.

Regards
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015/2018 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Default Wellington Collision

Thanks to all of you. I now have one extra name and a correction on the location of the accident. I'll just have to dig a bit deeper to find out about disciplinary action. Thanks again