Thread: Awards to ATC officers

Thanks

Default Awards to ATC officers

My e-mail records prior to January 2010 are difficult to access. I recall that someone had an interest in awards made to Air Training Corps personnel. I am currently transcribing a large block of non-flying award citations for awards made 13 June 1946. These include some MBEs to the likes of S/L Alexander Fairlie Buchan (Scottish Headquarters, ATC) and S/L Leslie Clarke (Manchester Air Training Corps). Whoever had the earlier interest in ATC personnel, please raise your hand.

Thanks

Hello Hugh,

Your quest appears very interesting to me as a former ATC Cadet 1941-1945 No.1345 (Malden & Coombe) Squadron, based at Beverly School, New Malden, Surrey.

C.O. F/Lt.R. (Bobby) Dronsfield. other officers I can remember.Making; Evans & Fuidge.

If you come across those names I would be most interested.

I can be contacted at awarculus@xtra.co.nz

All the best,
    Cheers 'Digger' (Digger is my family nickname circa 1926.used by most of my friends.)

Thanks

The result of recent transcription:

NARBETH, Charles Anstey, F/L (76071, RAFVR) Directorate General of Air Training Corps, Air Member for Training, Air Ministry - Member, Order of the British Empire awarded as per London Gazette dated 1 January 1946. Air 2/9130, courtesy of Tom Thorne, has citation.

"For the past four and a half years Flight Lieutenant Narbeth has performed valuable work in connection with the development and cultivation of gliding, and by his untiring efforts he has fostered the technical and material side of this Air Training Corps activity. That it has reached its present stage of efficiency and that a solid foundation has been laid for further development may be fairly ascribed to the industrious work of Flight Lieutenant Narbeth and to his noteworthy concentration upon the details of gliding."

Thanks

Default Charles Anstey Narbeth

Quote Originally Posted by HughAHalliday View Post
    The result of recent transcription:

NARBETH, Charles Anstey, F/L (76071, RAFVR) Directorate General of Air Training Corps, Air Member for Training, Air Ministry - Member, Order of the British Empire awarded as per London Gazette dated 1 January 1946. Air 2/9130, courtesy of Tom Thorne, has citation.

"For the past four and a half years Flight Lieutenant Narbeth has performed valuable work in connection with the development and cultivation of gliding, and by his untiring efforts he has fostered the technical and material side of this Air Training Corps activity. That it has reached its present stage of efficiency and that a solid foundation has been laid for further development may be fairly ascribed to the industrious work of Flight Lieutenant Narbeth and to his noteworthy concentration upon the details of gliding."
    Charles was my grandfather and an amazing aviator. He flew Sopwith Camels in France in Ww1 in the RNAS, joining the RAF in 1918. I followed in his footsteps joining the Fleet Air Arm as a helicopter pilot and the RAF 8 years later. ANY info about C A Narbeth would be much appreciated.

Jerry