Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F/O Robert Inwood DFC - 130468 - Died 18/5/43 -3 Sqd

Thanks

Hello Mary,

the person above JohnH only ever posted once on the forum and that was last march, last activity is recorded as last April. You would be beset to send him a PM via the forum, a Private message, click on his name and select that option. That way a message ought to be sent to his email account and might prompt him to come back here, best send him your email address also incase that he has lost or forgotten his logon for the forum.

Note on the quote function on the forum, rules is rules. haha
    http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?9289-Use-of-Quote-Function

cheers Dennis
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dennis_burke View Post
    Hello Mary,

the person above JohnH only ever posted once on the forum and that was last march, last activity is recorded as last April. You would be beset to send him a PM via the forum, a Private message, click on his name and select that option. That way a message ought to be sent to his email account and might prompt him to come back here, best send him your email address also incase that he has lost or forgotten his logon for the forum.

Note on the quote function on the forum, rules is rules. haha
    http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?9289-Use-of-Quote-Function

cheers Dennis
    Thank you Dennis for your reply, I'll try what you say and hope I get Lucky - I did notice that is was quite a while ago that he posted here, Hope he has the same address, anyway once again Thank you
    Mary

Thanks

Hello,

I have been in touch with him, so I must have his e-mail address, but it was a contact made a while back. He was interested in Inwood and provided me a picture because this pilot was a scout in his teens. It seems it's the same story, same clipping and same letter telling his friend he had been awarded the DFC

Joss

Thanks

Default R Inwood

Quote Originally Posted by jossleclercq View Post
    Hello,

I have been in touch with him, so I must have his e-mail address, but it was a contact made a while back. He was interested in Inwood and provided me a picture because this pilot was a scout in his teens. It seems it's the same story, same clipping and same letter telling his friend he had been awarded the DFC

Joss
    I've sent an e mail to him hoping it'll still be the same address, meanwhile I've sent you a PM Hope you can help
    Mary Wheeler
    S Wales

Thanks

Default family research

I am the half-sister of F/O Robert Inwood. I am grateful for the information posted on the site. The only additional item I have is a copy of a newspaper cutting from his home town in Blaina when he went back on leave. They had a special celebration to mark the awarding of his DFC. I can send it to anyone who is interested.
    I have no photographs of him at all and if they are available would love to have them to share with my family.

Christine Jackson (nee Inwood).

Thanks

Hello,

Christine, send me an e-mail (it's in my profile, click on my name on the upper left corner on the message box) and I'll send what I have about him.

Joss

Thanks

Default Re: F/O Robert Inwood DFC - 130468 - Died 18/5/43 -3 Sqd

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    Hello Steve,

I just wanted to say that I will shortly be able to provide you with some photographs of F/O Robert Inwood.

The reason that I am able to do this is because I was recenty introduced to my friends father who served in the Navy during WWII.

We went through his photo album and he showed me some photographs of his friend Pilot Officer Inwood, also a very modest letter he had received from him saying he had been awarded the DFC.

Unfortunately he also had a small paper cutting showing that he had been recorded as missing in action.

Since that time he has always wondered what had happened to him so I Googled his name and found your forum and the answers that have been provided thanks to your requests.

This week I hope to show him and his wife the printout of all the information provided on this forum.

My friends father has a good quality photo of him and two other pilots, also a photo of him standing next to his Hurricane

I have already asked permission to take copies of the photos and he and his wife are very happy for that to go ahead.

This week I intend to try to take a picture of the photos for quick results but eventually I would like to scan then for best quality.

I am new to RAF Commands so please can you advise how I can get these images to you

Best regards,

John
    Hi John I see you have some photos of my great cousin F/O Robert Inwood, after coming across this forum by searching his name via Google as I'm doing a family tree as we speak and im really happy to see some extra information on Robert. It would be wonderful if you could supply me with any photos you have of Robert it would really make my grandmother smile, really hope to hear from you.

It's nice to know the planes he flew and squadron he was in so I thank you guys for that.

Regards,

Reece

Thanks

Reece,

johnh has not visited the board since April of 2010.

I sent him an email on your behalf to the address we have on file.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks

Thanks Dave, fingers crossed the gentleman can help me, appreciated for the quick response.

Kind regards,

Reece