Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 430109 - Unaccounted airwomen and airman - 9-1-1943

Thanks

Hello

Cpl William F. JEMMETT - 1435373 - the Daily Record of January 13th 1943 reported the following:

"BALED OUT" FROM WINDOW
    That an R.A.F. Corporal dived to death from an upper window of a hospital under the delusion that he was "baling out," was suggested by a psychiatrist at a Sutton, Surrey, inquest yesterday.
    The corporal, William Frederick Jemmett, aged 35, whose home was at Bush Hill Park, Enfield, was suffering from a nervous disorder. He was given a certain drug which it was stated might produce fantasies and dreams. He was missed from his bed in the early morning and his injuries suggested a fall from the window in a 'swallow' dive.
    Recording an open verdict, the Coroner said there was no reason to believe that Jemmett tried to commit suicide, and added: "I think he fell at a time when he was to some extent under the influence of a sedative drug which had been properly administered."

ACW1 Jeanie ALEXANDER - 439970 - the Statutory Deaths Register on the Soctland's People website records that her body was found at 11.40 a.m. on January 10th in the Forth and Clyde Canal, 100 yards west of Baird's Brae, Glasgow. She was last seen alive at 5.20 p.m. on January 9th. Death is recorded as 'probably asphyxia, caused by drowning.'

Regards

Simon

Thanks

Default Re: 430109 - Unaccounted airwomen and airman - 9-1-1943

Hello all,

I was contacted by a relative of Sgt Watson's and was going to direct them to the 272 Sqn ORB but unless I'm getting extra dopey, I can't see any mention of the two men in the online Jan 1943 ORB's, I checked the September ones also sicne there was a mix up in 9-1-1943 and 1-9-1943 on the forum before

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...4271#post74271

What am I not seeing??

I checked 252 Squadron also.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com