Thread: Air Publication 1464

Thanks

Default Air Publication 1464

Can anyone tell me what might have been the title of this document during WW2? I know that some AP numbers have had a very long life but the title has changed through time so any leads on a title at any time would also be helpful. It may be that the title is something to do with the surface finish on aircraft.

I have searched on Google, the National Archives and the RAF Museum archive database with no luck (which may be my competence).

Steve

Thanks

Hi Steve,

Just have a copy of AP1721 (Bristol Beaufighter maintenance manual) at hand and on the list of associated air publications this mentions :

AP1464A Engineering Manual (General principles)
    AP1464B Engineering Manual (General equipment)

Hope to have been of help.

Best regards,

Walter

Thanks

Hi Walter

Thanks very much that is a surprise! I am going to have to go back to my sources and try to fit your info to my info. I think you and I have kind of been in touch recently via VoyTech regarding the photo of PK*D.

Best wishes

Steve

Thanks

Hi Steve,

So we have indeed, it's a small world isn't it?

I think that for more details on those AP's you can always ask DoRIS at the RAFM, they should be able to give you an idea of the contents if they hold a copy which they probably do.

Cheers,

Walter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBrooking View Post
    Can anyone tell me what might have been the title of this document during WW2? I know that some AP numbers have had a very long life but the title has changed through time so any leads on a title at any time would also be helpful. It may be that the title is something to do with the surface finish on aircraft.

I have searched on Google, the National Archives and the RAF Museum archive database with no luck (which may be my competence).

Steve
    A.P. No. 1464A Vol I Part III Section 3 relates to the Protecting of Tanks in Aircraft in 1940, likely against fire.

Thanks

It appeared to cover a whole raft of subjects. The following thread provides some more examples of it's usage:

http://forum.keypublishing.com/archive/index.php?t-77805.html

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

Thanks to Mark and Peter for resurrecting this. Can either of you remember why I asked the question....;-) ?

Too much grey hair saps your brains

Steve