Thread: Lookup request: Call-out: a wartime diary of air/sea rescue operations at Malta‎

Thanks

Default Lookup request: Call-out: a wartime diary of air/sea rescue operations at Malta‎

I'm looking for some information contained in Frederick Galea's "Call-out: a wartime diary of air/sea rescue operations at Malta‎" (BIEB BIEB, 2002).

On page 53 it says (source: Google books search) "...leaving a servicing detachment of approximately twenty-five men at Kalafrana, whilst the Inter-Command W/T Station, formed in February 1941,...".

I would like to know what else is said about the Inter-Command W/T Station on this page as my grandfather was stationed there during the summer of 1943 and information on this Station is hard to come by.

Regards

Adrian
    Interests include Spitfires in Malta 1942 and 460 Sqdn 1943-44 (including Black Thursday)

Thanks

Hi Adrian

The entire paragraph (For 18 March 1941) reads:

No 228 Squadron was transferred to Middle East Command with effect from 25 March, leaving a servicing detachment of approximately twenty-five men at Kalafrana, whilst the Inter-Command W/T Station, formed in February 1941, was placed under the Officer Commanding Kalafrana for administration.

Reading forward from this point I've found no further mention of the unit and it doesn't have an index entry.

Perhaps your best bet to learn more is the Kalafrana ORB at the National Archives (AIR 28/409) - although, since the one volume covers the period from 1916 to 1943, I'd imagine it's a bit light on detail.

HTH
    Niall

Thanks

Thank you Niall, I appreciate your effort. Particularly providing a date stamp for the paragraph and reading forward.

Regards

Adrian
    Interests include Spitfires in Malta 1942 and 460 Sqdn 1943-44 (including Black Thursday)