Thread: Terry Spencer's and George Bennions' Families

Thanks

Default Terry Spencer's and George Bennions' Families

Does anyone on the Forum have contact with Terry Spencer's or George 'Ben' Bennions' families?

I was in touch with Terry Spencer up until shortly before he died (can't believe that's over a year ago now), however was never in touch with his family. I had a contact in George Bennions' family several years ago, but a recent e-mail bounced back undeliverable.

41 Squadron are in the process of adding WWII markings (EB-R, for example) to their Tornados and Harriers to honour their WWII pilots, based on information provided by me (see an example here: http://www.fast-air.co.uk/RAF-Coningsby-Pictures-100323.htm). However, the Squadron has now indicated they would like to do a formal unveiling sometime in the next few months and would like the families present.

I am in touch with several families, but not those of Terry Spencer or George Bennions. As such, I would like to ask the Forum's help so I can pass the details on to 41 Squadron for formal invitations. Could anyone with relevant contacts please contact me via a PM, off board via e-mail (brewATclientsDOTch) or, indeed, pass my details on to them?

Thanks for your assistance

Regards
    Steve
    41 (F) Squadron RAF at War and Peace, April 1916-March 1946
    http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm

Thanks

Default 41 Sqn Assn

Steve
    You could try (if you havent already and you probably have) Ed Bittel, the membership secretary of the above on membership@41sqn.org
    You could try putting a message in the local paper...
    Dee

Thanks

Hello Steve,

I send you a pm with the contact details of his daughter

Best regards,

Serge

Thanks

Default well done

Well done that young man. Lets hope we can hear more. If someone reminds me I will check out the Coningsby site on the intranet.
    Dee

Thanks

Hi Dee
    Thanks for the notes on Ed Bittel. I was there on the formation of the 41 Sqn Association in 2006, but it never actually got off the ground, and Ed Bittel has never replied to the e-mails I have sent him. The 41 Sqn Association website has since shut down and I am unsure as to whether the e-mail address for Ed Bittel is still being used. Have you ever had contact?

Hi Serge
    Thanks for your e-mail. I have since been in touch with Terry Spencer's daughter, who copied in her sister on her reply, and both are thrilled that their father is being honoured in this way. I appreciate your help.

Now, if anyone has contact with the Bennions family.........?

Cheers
    Steve
    41 (F) Squadron RAF at War and Peace, April 1916-March 1946
    http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm