Thread: Belgrade War Cemetery

Thanks

Default Belgrade War Cemetery

Dear friends,

Iīm looking for kind man who is able to do high quality photo of war grave in Belgrade War Cemetery. Grave of Sgt. Jovan S. PESIC (351 squadron).

thank you for your kind help in advance

Milan

Thanks

Default Jovan Pesic's grave in Belgrade War Cemetery

Dear Sir,

I happen to be the grand son of Jovan Pesic's brother, Ljubomir. While I was helping my daughter revise her test on WWII this evening, I told her some family stories I was told of this period and eventually made some basic research on internet and bumbed into your below message (dated 2010...). Anyhow I guess you managed to get the picture in the meantime, but if you still need it I would be happy to go the cemetary and make a picture for you.

Besides, I have found numerous information on squadron 351 on internet, but I woulk be very happy to receive any information you may have on my great uncle. I guess you are making a research on this period if you were asking for a picture of his grave...

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Stevan Pechitch (Pesic)

Quote Originally Posted by munro View Post
    Dear friends,

Iīm looking for kind man who is able to do high quality photo of war grave in Belgrade War Cemetery. Grave of Sgt. Jovan S. PESIC (351 squadron).

thank you for your kind help in advance

Milan

Thanks

Dear Mr Pesic,

thank you for your reaction on my request on this forum. As you mentioned in the meantime I received photo of your great uncle Sgt Pesicīs grave. Reason of my interest was related to Hurricane Mk. IV (LF509) who was piloted by Sgt Pesic during his last flight. This particular Hawker Hurricane was delivered brand new to No 351 squadron stationed at RAF Canne airfield by Czechoslovak pilot P/O Kurt Taussig who was member of RAFīs No 4 Ferry Unit. I was working on a book dedicated to Kurt Taussigīs RAF service at that time.

I was searching for Sgt. Pesicīs family to put some more information regarding to his service and life, but I was not succesful, unfortunately.
    My book is already published, but Iīm still interesting about any info/photo related to Sgt. Jovan S. Pesic.

I have a few information about Sgt Pesic from internet, related to his USAAF and RAF service. If you are interested in, contact me off board:
    milan_hercut@yahoo.com

with best wishes

Milan Hercut (Slovakia)