Thread: Course 58 4 SFTS Saskatoon Canada

Thanks

Default Course 58 4 SFTS Saskatoon Canada

Hi all,
    I have a photo of the Australians at the start of the above course and I have worked out the fates of the Aussies in the photo. A number of other nationalities passed out as pilots and I have there full names and where they came from. Some were killed during the war (CWGC site) but the others are unknown. If anyone has any knowledge of these men I wold be grateful. For a copy of the photo and their service history please contact me ay harley.158ATbigpond.com replace AT with the usual I will be happy to forward it to you.

Here is the list.

Frederick Charles BARRATT (Eng), James Edward BRAITHWAITE (USA), Whitney Millard BRAY (USA), James Orville BROOMFIELD (Can), Peter Frederick BROWN (Eng), Edward Victor CHERYE (USA), Jean J CONRAD (Can), Gerald Henry COOPER (Can), Arthur DENNIS (Eng), Wilfred DINGLEY (Can), Bertram James FUREY (USA), Richard Norman GEARY (USA), Gilbert GREEN (Eng), Vincent Roy GLOVER (Can), Frank Raymond HENDERSON (USA), Robert Eric HIDDERLEY (Eng), Raymond Alfred JONES (Eng), Joseph Clayton KOSID (Can), Daniel KOMESCH (Can), Grant Joseph MARCOUX (Can), Gordon Sutherland McCORMICK (Can), Albert Dean McLEOD (Can), Donald William McGOWAN (Can), Ber Edward PARRY (Can), James Duncan PATTERSON (Can), Robert John PORTER (Can), Kenneth RUSKELL (Eng), Alistair TAYLOR (Scot), John Christopher WALTON (Eng),

Thank you,

John.

Thanks

There is a James Orville BROOMFIELD reported buried in Stavely, Alberta, date of death 16 June 1970.

P/O Wilfred DINGLEY J/19107, 424 Squadron, received a DFC according to the London Gazette, 21 April 1944. There ia Wilfred Dingly that authored several technical papers on mining and smelting in the 1960s, don't know if it is the same man.

F/L Vincent Roy GLOVER J/14713 was discussed before on the Forum, see http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3191

Found a Joseph C. KOSID, age 88, living in California, but the web site wants money for more information http://www.fullnamedirectory.com/page180056.html

No luck with the other Canadians, but geneology is not my speciality.
    Last edited by Bill Walker; 9th July 2010 at 01:13. Reason: added Kosid

Thanks

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for that Bill, it does fill in some of the gaps.

Cheers,

John.