Thread: W/C F M N Watts OBE Colerne 5.5.56

Thanks

Default W/C F M N Watts OBE Colerne 5.5.56

Does anyone on this forum have any information on this officer who is buried in Colerne Churchyard?

In addition there is 185256 Sergeant Donald G Toogood (30) who is next to him who has the date 29.2.56 - again any information will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi Glenn

Toogood was flying Balliol T2, WN517 of 238 OCU which was trying to land at Roborough after experiencing a rough running engine duringan iterception exercise.

Watt is not shown as an aircraft casualty.

Source - Category Five, Colin Cummings.

Malcolm

Thanks

Default Donald Toogood

Hi, Donald Toogod was my biological father and was killed in the air crash when I was 3 years old. I have no memory of him at all. My elder brother who is 5 years older that me does have memories. I have his flight log book and it shows he qualified up to Lancaster pilot, although fortunately this was in 1946!
    My mother Glenys remarried to Alan George Osborne in approx 1959. Alan, undertook the role of father to us both and did a great job. He is alive and kicking and is much loved. He actually flew with Donald in the role of radio operator and also served in Colerne, latterly on Hasting.

Any other information is always welcome. Thanks. David Toogood

Quote Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
    Does anyone on this forum have any information on this officer who is buried in Colerne Churchyard?

In addition there is 185256 Sergeant Donald G Toogood (30) who is next to him who has the date 29.2.56 - again any information will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Default Donald Toogood

Hi, Donald Toogod was my biological father and was killed in the air crash when I was 3 years old. I have no memory of him at all. My elder brother who is 5 years older that me does have memories. I have his flight log book and it shows he qualified up to Lancaster pilot, although fortunately this was in 1946!
    My mother Glenys remarried to Alan George Osborne in approx 1959. Alan, undertook the role of father to us both and did a great job. He is alive and kicking and is much loved. He actually flew with Donald in the role of radio operator and also served in Colerne, latterly on Hasting.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm_raf View Post
    Hi Glenn

Toogood was flying Balliol T2, WN517 of 238 OCU which was trying to land at Roborough after experiencing a rough running engine duringan iterception exercise.

Watt is not shown as an aircraft casualty.

Source - Category Five, Colin Cummings.

Malcolm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorracer View Post

Hi my name is Clive I was at RAF Colerne between 1955 to1957 and was on 238ocu 1 sgd B flight .the same time as Donald Toogood.I was working on the Airfarames of the Balliols and did get to fly with himon one oc occasion