Thread: 581288 W/O Hugh Masters Navigator 144 Sqd ??

Thanks

Default 581288 W/O Hugh Masters Navigator 144 Sqd ??

I am trying to trace the service history of 581288 W/O Hugh Masters a Navigator, who joined the RAF in 1939 and was released in January 1946. His last posting with No7 Air Navigation School RAF Bishops Court as a Nav instructor. I know that he flew ops prior to the D Day landings, possibly with 144 Squadron and at some stage bailed out of an aircraft receiving the caterpillar Club badge. I would be grateful for any help researching this chap.
    Many Thanks
    BCS

Thanks

Could this be your man:

Sgt RH Pearman
    Sgt H Masters
    Sgt HE Turner
    Sgt AR Simmons

144 Sqn Hampden I P4359 T/O Hemswell. Abandoned 0615. A/C crashed between 2 Army huts at Taverham Parek, Taverham 7 miles NW of Norwich. The crew were lost and had an unserviceable wireless.

Source: RAF BC Losses 1941 - WR Chorley
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Jonny,

Many thanks for the gen, I think you have hit the target on the nail. I checked BC index and he did not come up, seems to defeat the object, of an index although the BC series is outstanding. Roll of Honour I presume only refers to those killed.

Thanks again.

BCS