Thread: Operational Photos 1944

Thanks

Default Operational Photos 1944

Is there access to any operational photos?

I have read ORBs for 75 (NZ) Sqdn at Kew but was wondering if they have photos to view also? I have looked on their website but can find nothing so perhaps one of the members can advise?

Many thanks.

Thanks

Justbto clarify, what do you mean by "operational photos"?
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

I know that photos of bomb drops were taken before they headed home, plus I presume that there may be pics of crews/planes at Mepal going about their work and/or to/from missions ?

Thanks

Default Photos

If you contact the RAF Museum at Hendon or the Air Force Museum at Wigram I am sure that both can help you with that. In the meantime you might like to look at a copy of Ton Up Lancs as there are some pics in that reference 75s "The Captains Fancy". There is a whole screed of books that have operation pics in but if you want specifics you could also look at Norman Franks history of 75 Sqn plus there is a airfield books about both Mepal and Newmarket Heath (can only get all of these secondhand so try Alibris, Abe Books and Amazon). If you want me to look up the exact titles I can do if you pm me. Alternatively come along to the reunion in Newmarket in November cos you can then talk to the veterans and their families (pm me and I will give you the UK/NZ Assn secretaries email addresses if you want further information).

Best wishes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie2620 View Post
    If you contact the RAF Museum at Hendon or the Air Force Museum at Wigram I am sure that both can help you with that. In the meantime you might like to look at a copy of Ton Up Lancs as there are some pics in that reference 75s "The Captains Fancy". There is a whole screed of books that have operation pics in but if you want specifics you could also look at Norman Franks history of 75 Sqn plus there is a airfield books about both Mepal and Newmarket Heath (can only get all of these secondhand so try Alibris, Abe Books and Amazon). If you want me to look up the exact titles I can do if you pm me. Alternatively come along to the reunion in Newmarket in November cos you can then talk to the veterans and their families (pm me and I will give you the UK/NZ Assn secretaries email addresses if you want further information).

Best wishes
    Thanks for this, I might try Hendon.

My late uncle (b/a) is in a photo in Norman's Forever Strong with his crew skippered by Terry Ford. Hoping to find any others one day....