Thread: Flying Accident Involving Donald Raymond Urquhart

Thanks

Default Flying Accident Involving Donald Raymond Urquhart

The above is a relative of a friend of mine. He was a navigator, rank unknown, and survived at least one very serious crash. It is presumed that he served with Bomber Command but this is not definite. I have the Chorley BC Losses volumes for each year apart from 1940 and 1945. I also have the OTU and HCU volumes. Unfortunately, I have yet to buy the alphabetical list of names so wonder if some kind person who has a copy can look the name up for me and tell me the dates of the incident(s). This is assuming of course that he wasn't in Coastal Command or even overseas.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

I looked in Chorley's Volume 9 nobody by that name listed there. I tried the CWGC and he is not listed as having been killed in WWII.

Regards,

John.

Thanks

Thanks John, much appreciated. Sorry, I forgot to say that he certainly survived the war. Anyway, it establishes that he was not with BC. I shall have to pursue other lines of enquiry!

Thanks

Dave wrote:

"Anyway, it establishes that he was not with BC"

I'm afraid Volume 9 would not establish that fact if he survived the crash. Volume 9 is the Roll of Honour, and such only includes those that were killed.

You would still need to check the relevant volumes for the years that you do not have. And there is a possibility that the crash occurred pre-OTU, during earlier flying training.

A
    RAF Armoured Car Companies 1920-45 http://www.rafacciraq.com/

Thanks

Thanks for clarifying that, Amrit. I didn't realise that it was a Roll of Honour of those killed. I thought it was an index to all involved whether killed, injured, PoW etc. I shall have to do as you suggest and search through the volumes I have for a start. As you say, it could have been pre-OTU.