Thread: Critical Path Diagram

Thanks

Default Critical Path Diagram

Dear All,
    There is clearly a considerable duplication of effort in research on this Forum. This occurs not just from ‘ab initio’ researchers but also, to some degree, from some ‘seasoned campaigners’. It occurs to me (whilst idly picking fluff from my navel in front of my Idiot’s Lantern) that there might be some merit in producing some sort of (what I used to know as) a Critical Path Diagram(CPD)?
    This would instruct newcomers to go first, say, to CWGC, then to the LG, and then to all sorts of sites and expertises. I do not know in which order these sites should come – does anyone? If such a CPD could be constructed it might just lead to a considerable reduction in nugatory effort by those who’s expertise lies in a very small area. For example, I have lost count of the number of times that Amrit has shown that (for a particular topic) there is ‘previous history’ on the Forum.
    There is also the problem of those who simply put a topic on the Forum and wait for others to do the “donkey work”, and those who are blundering (perhaps for the first time!) into an arcane world, and who need expert guidance!
    Does this suggestion have merit? I know not – but I suspect so!!
    HTH
    Pete4r Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

I think a couple of stickies - How To.... and Useful Research Sites....maybe a good idea.

As would a reminder that searching rafcommands is easiest using google:

site:rafcommands.com "xxxxx"

where "xxxx" is the term(s) you are looking for.

As to your comment on "...the problem of those who simply put a topic on the Forum and wait for others to do the donkey work”, I don't mind helping those with a genuine interest in a subject but I do take issue with those who use the expertise on rafcommands to build up their "kudos" on other sites, without due acknowledgement to where the info came from or who helped them.

A
    RAF Armoured Car Companies 1920-45 http://www.rafacciraq.com/

Thanks

There is no point in reading the riot act on someone who comes on here looking to find what happened their granddad because they didn't read the 'critical path diagram' or some sticky note. If its not broken, lets not fix it.

A first time poster may not read a sticky, their just eager to find out information.

Let them all come and lets not become information facists, just because we know how and they don't or don't want to.

Dennis
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

Amrit/Dennis,
    Mni tks yr responses - much appreciated. Basically, looks like a Score Draw!! I.e. - if, as Dennis says, it ain't broke, then don't fix it.
    My Thread originator was an attempt to give a list of things to do before posting on the Forum. Not the least of which is to give the max amount of known info on the subject being investigated/researched.
    Tks yr time and effort
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!