Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F/O Alexander Allan, RCAF - J24713

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wimwensink View Post
    hello,

im totally new to the forum, just came past this forum by googling it.
    if you want to know more to what happens during the crash, im a family member (great grandson) of the person that pulled out the suvivor. also talked as a translater for my grandmother with the son of RAF Sgt E R Cocker, (Rear Gunner) who was visting his fathers grave and the memorial. all the grave are still cept up clean and all after 75 year, btw they are in hall the netherlands with duouble LL. my grandmother saw it happen when she was 10. here also a link with a short interview. there is now also a commemorative stone near the place where the crash happend.

if any of you have questions for you or family members, i can ask arround here or ask my grandmother.

kind regards, Wim Wensink
    Hello all,

I am new here also - RAAF 410927 Flt Sgt K C Walker, (Wireless Operator Air) was my great uncle who died in the LM158 crash. My parents have his medals and some badges hanging on their wall, here in Victoria, Australia.

I am amazed to find the information here by chance today, and it is fantastic to see the articles posted in this thread.

Wim Wensink, I would love to hear what your grandmother remembers of this event.

I am humbled by the amazing care the town has taken to look after the crew of LM158. I will make a trip to visit the graves and the wonderful people who care for them in the near future.

Thank you to everyone here for the information. Lest we forget.

Perrin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alain12 View Post
    Hello ,

According to the N 90 Sqn ORB this was this crew second mission , their first they flew to Dreux France on june 10 44 in Lancaster LM-111; I made a typo it must have been Lt Heinz Rolland !

Regards
    Alain12
    Hello, I have RAAF 410927 Flt Sgt K C Walker, (Wireless Operator Air) hand written logbook "90 SQUADRON TUDDENHAM", and I can confirm that:

The third last entry is "10/6/44 - F/O ELLIOTT - 2330 - W/OP - OPS DREUX" (4:00 Hour Night Flight)

The second last entry is "12/6/44 - 1135 - F/O ELLIOTT - W/OP - Y TRAINING" (2:05 Day Flight)

The final entry is "12/6/44 - 2320 - F/O ELLIOTT - W/OP - OPS GELSENKIRCHEN - FAILED TO RETURN"

Some photos of the graves: https://www.tracesofwar.com/sights/1...ebest-Hall.htm

Regards,
    Perrin
    Last edited by pezcat19; 8th May 2019 at 01:05.

Thanks

Wim Wensink, can you please email me "pezcat19 at hotmail.com". I would like to find out more from you, and also share the information I have regarding my great uncle RAAF 410927 Flt Sgt K C Walker, (Wireless Operator Air / Gunner) who died in the LM158 crash. My father has informed me that a family by the name of "Wolzak" had a lot to do with the care of the graves, and were in regular contact with my grandmother here in Victoria Australia until she passed. I wonder if you know of them?

I hope to hear from you on the email.

Regards,

Perrin