Thread: Sgt/Flt Lt A.St.J. PRICE, RAF (48312)

Thanks

Default Sgt/Flt Lt A.St.J. PRICE, RAF (48312)

I am researching this pilot's early operational service in WW2. He enlisted into the RAF in January 1935 as a Halton Apprentice and was commissioned from the rank of Sergeant on 2 January 1942. Prior to his commissioning I believe that he was already employed in an air crew status. He had the Air Crew Europe Star confirming operational service prior to D-Day.

However, the only war service I can find is his time with No. 51 Sqn (Halifaxes) which he joined in March 1945 and he only had time to complete 10 operations with them before the cessation of hostilies. This I suspect was his second operational tour and it is any movements between January 1942 and March 1945 that I am interested in.

I am hoping that one of the forum compiling nominal rolls of squadron personnel may have a reference to him. Any lead would be much appreciated. My searches in the Operational Records Books in the National Archives have got me nowhere!

Kind regards

Jim

Thanks

Are you, Sir, by any chance related to the Wg Cdr Jim Routledge who was the author of the paper in "The Orders and Medals Research Society" publication No 9 in 1992 on the RAF Numbering System and on which many of us use to find Enlistment dates , etc.
    If so, Sir, then many thanks
    Yrs Aye
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Peter,

I am that man! And thank you for your kind comments.

Jim