Thread: Interrogation of German airmen

Thanks

Default Interrogation of German airmen

This is really a continuation of the Heinkell thread that I started on 17 July, but I'm starting a new one in the hope it might eventually prove useful to others.

I have traced the wife of the captain of the fishing boat which rescued two of the crew from a Heinkell shot down off Margate on 12 June 1940. Unfortunately apart from the fact that the boat had been at Dunkirk two weeks previously, and that two of its crew were wounded following an attack by a Messerschmitt the following April, she was unable to add to the story as printed in a number of local and national papers.

The two rescued men were the pilot, Gerd Nissen, and flight engineer, Hans Peckhaus, and it occurs to me they must have been interrogated. Which rather long-windedly brings me to my question - can anyone advise which NA Series/File contains interrogation reports of captured German airmen?

Brian

Thanks

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/search.asp
    +
    Interrogation
    = AIR 40 amongst other files. Various intelligence, prisoner and interrogation titles in that series.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com

Thanks

That was quick - thank you Dennis. I should have added to my first post that Jack Pocock, the fishing boat's captain, saved other airmen during the war.

Brian

Thanks

Ah, the Steam Trawlers the unsung heroes continually under air attack. Sorry off topic but could not let it pass.
    Tony K