Thread: Blenhiem IVF question

Thanks

Default Blenhiem IVF question

I received this from a reader of the 254 Squadron website...hope you can help him out.
    Thanks

http://www2.bc.edu/~emerypa/254

Dear Mr. Emery

I am a great warbird enthusiast. As second "hobby" I help to mod the airwar simulation IL-2. This simulation is a platform for hundreds of "warbird crazy" people allover the world.

I am looking desperately for Informations about the Blenheim IVF. Because the 254 Squadron flew this plane during the war perhaps here I can find the informations I am looking for.

In one of my books about the Blenheim I read that during the conversion from Blenheim IV to Blenheim IVF - standard: a 4 machinegun - belly pack and a reflexsight was built in.

The problem is the reflexsight. I did not find any Image of this sight or of an Blenheim IVF-cockpit ! Was a reflexsight even built in or did the fighter use the primitive mechanical sight of the bomber-version ???? (perhaps my informations are wrong)

If a reflexsight was built in: Do You have any Informations or even pictures of a cokpit (with sight) or how this sight was built in this cockpit (location)

I would be very lucky if You would find anything in Your archive

Sincerely Yours

Dr. med. Michael Uth

Auf Feiser 27
    D-54292 Trier-Ruwer
    Germany
    Paul Emery

254 Squadron Website
    www2.bc.edu/~emerypa/254

Thanks

For reflex sight, read reflector sight, standard fighter type.